Master Programs Description
Living Hope Empowerment Center (LHEC) is a recognized not-for-profit corporation by the State of New Jersey, incorporated in 2006. Our vision is to inspire, educate, mentor and develop a prosperous Trenton. Our mission is to create innovative opportunities that empower the Trenton community to improve its quality of life. While the qualitative goal of the center is to improve the quality of life in Trenton, the quantitative goal is to improve the educational,vocational, physical and personal well-being of each program participant.
All of our programs and services are available in English and Spanish on a full time basis, while outreach, referral and general assistance services may also be provided in less common languages such as Pilipino and a few African regional languages or dialects. Annually we serve over 250 children and adults via direct programming and service deliver y, as well as through collaborative working relationships with other service providers and community stakeholders.
Our partnerships include, but are not limited to the Trenton Police Athletic League (PAL),Trenton Board of Education, American Heart Association, NJ Healthy Partnership for Kids –Trenton, Children’s Home Society, Isles, Inc., Capital Health, Lighthouse Ministries, Division of Recreation, City of Trenton, the, Food Justice Foundation.
In its attempts to meet the most salient and/or underserved needs of our community without duplicating efforts, our programming and service delivery focuses on three priority areas:
A. Youth – Out of School Services (including Summer Programming)
- Academic Enrichment
- Life Skills Development Vocational
- Skills Development & Go-Kart Racing School
- Summer Recreational & Athletic League
B. Living Healthy, Living Hope
- Living Healthy: Outreach, Education, Physical Activity
- Healthy Corner Store: Changing our Food Environment
- Food Buyers Club: Accessible & Affordable Fruits & Vegetables
- Community Garden: Grow your Own with Seeds of Hope
C. Community Development
- Financial Literacy
- Entrepreneurship Training & Development
- Life Skills Development & Parenting Skills Training
- General Outreach and Referrals (social and human services)
Haz clic aquí para modificar.